Clubs & School
Stockholm Polo Club
Klubben ligger på Uddnäs längs E18 norr om Stockholm. Verksamheten startades 2003. Spel sker på fält med internationella mått och hästarna är importerade från Argentina. Verksamheten drivs av professionell polo manager och hästskötarna kommer från Sverige och Argentina. Här arrangeras poloturneringar under säsongen. Medlemmarna spelar även turneringar ute i Europa. För att introducera nya spelare driver man poloskola (se nedan).
Stockholm Polo Club School
Information regarding the schools can be obtained from contact persons of Stockholm Polo Club:
- Sandra Diits Vikström: firstname.lastname@example.org +46 73 572 40 26
- Jagat Singh: email@example.com +46 72 011 82 68
What you learn
The Stockholm Polo School school offers customized polo courses for riding and playing for all levels – from complete beginners to intermediate to advanced. The school is equipped with trained Argentinian polo horses, In addition to instruction courses, the school has horses for all ability levels available for hire for practice games as well as for tournaments. All courses have an appropriate combination of the following modules depending on duration and specific needs and abilities of the participants:
- Polo theory, rules & tactics: An essential part of learning a fast, challenging and fun competitive team sport.
- Polo riding: The polo horse and correct and confident riding account for 60-70% of success and the fun in Polo.
- Polo swing & stick-work: We build and improve your swing and the various shots at first using short foot sticks and importantly our wooden horse, which is a most practical way of acquiring good stick skills without a live moving horse.
- Stick & ball on horseback: We bring together riding skills and basic stick skills for you to experience the magic sound of stick head meeting the ball while you are completely at ease on your horse.
- Instructional & practice chukkas: Combining your riding, stick-work, the rules and the tactics to actually play the oldest and fastest competitive team sport in the world!
The courses are being organized anytime from the beginning of May through to end of September at the Stockholm Polo Club located at Uddnäs Gård, next to Stäket in Järfälla, which is close to Stockholm city. At various times in the season, there can be group courses which individuals can join subject to availability of places. Outside the summer season, from October through April and by special arrangement, instruction trips are organized to countries outside Sweden.
All prices are in SEK and are all inclusive of instruction, equipment (except boots, helmet and gloves), horses and VAT (moms):
- Private instruction: 1 000 sek per person and session (if you have your own horse the price is 500 sek).
- Course of 10 instruction sessions: 9 000 sek per person (the sessions could be in the same day, over one week or spread out over several weeks).
- Playing games (chukkas): 1 000 sek per person and chukka.
- When you have completed your course there is a possibility to rent horses either on chukka basis (1 000 sek per chukka) or lease a horse for the full season (56 000 sek for beginner horses and 80 000 sek for a more advanced horses per year).
Riding trousers or comfortable jeans, any riding helmet and any riding boots (obtainable for example at Hööks or Decathlon). All other equipment will be provided by the School. It is also possible to buy polo equipment at the shop at Stockholm Polo Club.